WordPress is a popular and powerful Content Management System (CMS) that can be used to create and manage websites. There are several reasons why you should consider using WordPress for your new website:
- It's open-source: WordPress is an open-source software, which means it is free to use and customise.
- It's user-friendly: WordPress has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for non-technical users to manage their website.
- It's customisable: WordPress has a wide range of themes and plugins that can be used to customise the design and functionality of your website.
- It's SEO-friendly: WordPress is optimised for search engines, making it easier for your website to rank higher in search engine results.
- It's secure: WordPress is regularly updated with security patches and features to help protect your website from hacking and other security threats.
- It's well-supported: There is a large community of WordPress developers and users who offer support and resources to help you create and manage your website.
THEMES & THEME BUILDERS
WordPress themes are pre-designed templates that determine the layout, style, and functionality of a website built on the WordPress platform. These themes can be customised to create a unique look and feel for a website, but customisation options are typically limited to what's provided by the theme's developer.
Theme builders, such as Elementor, offer a more flexible approach to customisation by allowing users to drag and drop elements onto a page and customise them visually without the need for coding. This makes it easier for non-technical users to create custom designs and layouts for their websites.
Custom builds are another option for creating a unique design and functionality for a WordPress website. With a custom build, a developer can create a completely bespoke website from scratch, tailored to the specific needs and preferences of the client.
This approach allows for the most flexibility and control over the design and functionality of the website, but can also be the most time-consuming and costly option. Custom builds typically require a team of experienced developers, designers, and project managers to ensure that the website is built to the highest standards and meets the client's requirements.
While custom builds can be more expensive than using pre-made themes or theme builders, they offer the most customisation and control over the website's design and functionality. This can be particularly important for businesses or organisations that require specific features or functionality not available in pre-made themes or theme builders.